Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday, 09/02/10: 2-D project progress

I forgot to bring all of my 40 prototypes for wednesday, so I didn't get to have them critiqued.  Instead, I just kinda had to judge them for myself.  I tried to explain the different design concepts to my parents, it kinda went something like this:

Me: ...and, these are supposed to represent continuance, kinda like you're seeing them go off the page.
Dad: and this one's a paw print!

True story.  Anyways, I feel like I should really have someone else's opinion on them.

top 16

top 4

2 comments:

  1. I really do see the continuance in the first one that one is a must, also the second one is a little confusing i see both proximity and continuance from the line the big to little dots are making, third one is similarity? or closure because if its closure then why are all the dots in a form instead of giving the illusion that one is missing but our eyes can still persive the form it should be creating. I really like the last one as well its so creative and different from all the rest i've seen but i don't know whether its similarity or not, great job! I like them all =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. outside opinions are incredibly helpful. your solution of discussing it with your family was a good alternative. could you write up a little more on what they're impression and understanding of your work was...to count as your critique write up.

    ReplyDelete