Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday, 10/12/10: in chains

I apologize first for not updating enough, I really don't know what has gotten into me lately.. just a small case of blogger apathy I suppose.
I made a few sketches of some possible ideas, but I pretty much knew from the start I would go with the chain gloves idea.  I came up with the idea after I'd used a chain I found for mark making, I thought it was pretty fun, so I'd use it in my device in someway.



Then there's the 3-D project.  My object is these plastic crystals.  Originally I wanted then hanging from invisible strings as if they were floating in midair, but when I tried this the strings would get entangled and it was impossible to deal with.  So then I put them on sturdier structure of chains and wire.

Couldn't exactly get a good full image of it, sorry.  But, anyways, Bill brought up the idea of just having a single chain with the crystals on it.



I think I like it more and more every time I look at it.  I haven't really done anything the large in scale before so I think it's pretty exciting.

1 comment:

  1. i think it is kind of interesting the relationship between your mark making device and your modular madness piece. it is very common for one piece of work to influence another and back and forth when i am working on them over a similar timeframe. nice sketches.

    ReplyDelete